Thank you for using FINSPI! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way.
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your nickname, avatar image, content, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using FINSPI on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook, Twitter or Google account to FINSPI, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use FINSPI, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had FINSPI features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used FINSPI, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using FINSPI on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Our partners may share information with us
Sometimes our partners may let us collect information when you use their services, or may share with us the information they collect. For example:
- Some websites or apps use FINSPI features like our “FINSPI” button. If so, we may collect log information (described above) from those sites or apps.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect FINSPI and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting Friends or content you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in travel or visited travel websites that has FINSPI features, we may suggest travel-related content, boards, or people that we think you might like.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like notifications from Your friends or comments, or group watching happens on FINSPI), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include content such music, video and images you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on FINSPI. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on FINSPI when they first sign up for FINSPI. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on FINSPI using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever FINSPI does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a FINSPI account, many of the choices you have on FINSPI are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your FINSPI account using your email address.
- Link or unlink your FINSPI account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on FINSPI to that service.
- Choose whether FINSPI will be customized for you using information from off-FINSPI websites or apps.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove content from Your account from FINSPI. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
In addition to the examples above, we offer other choices that you can learn more about in
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access FINSPI. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
FINSPI is a tool to help people share their experience and interests and our main goal is to help our users to meet new people according to their current interests. When you create public boards and add content, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your FINSPI account to those services or publish your activity on FINSPI to them. For example, you can choose to publish your content information to Facebook or Twitter.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or FINSPI; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on FINSPI how many people add something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on a content after viewing it.
Our policy on children’s information
FINSPI is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use FINSPI after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.